DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI) WORK GROUP
Next Meeting: January 9th at 7:00pm via Zoom (We will not meet in December)
DEI Meetings are typically held on the 2nd Monday of every month at 7:00pm via Zoom
ALL EP Parents/Guardians are invited to attend!
Look out for upcoming dates for our Family Reading Nights!
All EP families are invited to attend and participate in discussion time before, during, and after the read aloud.
The Easterly Parkway DEI Work Group was established in Fall 2020, with the following mission:
The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Workgroup at Easterly Parkway works to empower, honor and celebrate all members of our community. We strive to ensure that all members of the Easterly Parkway community feel like they belong. We seek to draw on the strength, resilience, and connectedness of marginalized communities and find ways to get families involved, hear their needs, foster inclusion and achieve equity for all students.
- Increase the diversity in PTO and school activities.
- Intentionally embed curricular resources that are representative of the identities of students in the class, grade and school.
- Enable parents and children from diverse backgrounds to get to know each other outside of school events.
- Strive to meet equity needs for families during the pandemic.
- Host a parent book club to learn more about the dimensions of diversity through literature.
- Offer an opportunity to pair up new families with established families at Easterly Parkway.
- Encourage the hiring of teachers from diverse backgrounds.
For more information, and to receive information about monthly meetings, please email: EasterlyPTO@gmail.com .
Committee Heads: Jermonica Earls and Jaimie Wright
ALL EP parents/guardians are invited to join our monthly meetings!
SCASD Office of Equity and Inclusivity: https://www.scasd.org/equity
Follow 'SCASD Equity and Inclusivity' on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SCASDequity/